By Tomilola Coco Adeyemo
We love Nollywood.
But sometimes the relationship borrows a leaf from the Urban Yoruba demon and breaks our hearts.
Still we love.
Here are 10 lies Nollywood has told us over the years and we still love.
1. English is such a hard language to speak… and type.
But we love it, cos we still invest in Nollywood.
2. Mothers In Law are shady af.
3. There’s always that one Uncle from your Village that wants to use your destiny to do MMM
4. We can be Americans if we put our hearts to it and learn from these guys…
5. I mean, even Ghollywood took a page out of Nollywood’s book and imagined Van Vicker was White
An imagination that went too far…
6. This guy only knows how to be retarded
7. And this guy is a moral police
8. When life sends you
lemonades hit tracks, you must make a movie
And never leave the music producers out…
Or the Artistes…
Most importantly, there’s got to be a little something for the kids…
9. Your Jesus statue isn’t a statue.
— Kraks TV™️ (@KraksTV) August 8, 2016
10. If you believe it, you can be a kung fu master
Video credit: Twitter/Kraks TV.