BY ‘SEGUN ODEJIMI
Directed by Lancelot Imasuen, Victim is expected to start showing in cinemas soon. But before we all head to the cinemas to see it, here are 5 quick things we learnt by watching the 1 minute, 49 seconds long trailer.
- Staging interrogation scenes still seem problematic in Nollywood. By staging, I mean set design and lighting. By the way, are all suspect interrogations in Nigeria held in dark rooms?
- Some actors still believe that screaming = great acting. Funsho Adeolu has always struck me as a very average actor, one that relies on his build and voice alone. He doesn’t disappoint in this trailer as both times he appears, he’s screaming at the top of his voice. Why not calm down a bit, bros? (in Frank Donga’s voice) Is not every time that you shout in life; sometimes, it is face that we use.
- Jude Orhorha hasn’t recovered from Fuji House. Now, I can’t decide whether this is a good thing or a bad one. We all loved his “Gbenro” character in the sitcom. There is no doubt that his comic skills were honed through that experience and I actually laughed during his clip in this trailer. But is it a good thing that when he screamed at Juliet Ibrahim, all I saw was Fuji House‘s Gbenro?
- Seun Akindele is quite good, Mercy Aigbe is not. What you have, you have.
- Some editors can cut trailers to tell a fantastic story and make you look forward to seeing the movie, others can’t. This trailer is definitely one of the two. You have my blessings as you try to figure out if it is the former or the later.
Watch the trailer below: