BY OGE OBASI
So being the avid observer and learner that I am, these are the 5 things I learned from Kunle Afolayan‘s tweets to TNS.
1. As a filmmaker, my greatest validation comes from nominations in publicly voted award events.
2. If my director is involved in the production as well as post-production stage, then there will be no technical shortcomings in my film.
3. Our award system is perfect and any nod from any of the award bodies means I have made a perfect film.
4. I should always work with actors who have overtime built a name and a fanbase for themselves so that when their fans vote them to winning, the director can take the glory.
5. When critiqued negatively, I should make a big deal out of it and defend myself.
Oge Obasi produced award-winning films “Ojuju” and “O-Town”. She’s @SimplyOge on Twitter.