BY ‘SEGUN ODEJIMI
Jack of Aces, Agency 106, Film Boyz and FilmOne Distribution have released the trailer for the much-anticipated film, Something Wicked.
Directed by Yemi Morafa, it stars Iretiola Doyle, Okey Uzoeshi, Adesua Etomi, Gabriel Afolayan, Ivie Okujaiye, Beverly Naya, Keira Hewatch, Omowunmi Dada, Timini Egbuson, Bisola Aiyeola and Emem Ufot.
Something Wicked tells the story of a widow whose recently orphaned nephew (Abel), moves into her Lagos home after the murder of his parents in a sectarian crisis in a Northern Nigerian city. The film is produced by Okey Uzoeshi, Isioma Osaje and Yemi Morafa for The JAF Alliance.
Below are 5 quick things we learned from the trailer.
- The trailer looks very good. But who hasn’t learnt a lesson of note ever trusting trailers? If the whole package looks anywhere near as good as this chopped up bits, we have a brilliant work on our hands. If not, as you were all.
- Is this the time Beverly Naya finally gives her critics something huge to think about? Beverly isn’t particularly everyone’s favourite and between you and me, she hasn’t exactly made herself a fan favourite with her performances so far. However, I believe it is high time she made a statement. A big one. Will it be with this film?
- Only a bad story will stop this film from being a good one. But, of course, that’s the main element that has made several Nollywood films bite the dust.
- It will not break any box office records. 2016 made sure we were thought that lesson.
- Ireti Doyle is one of the most brilliant performers of our time but I think she should diversify a bit more with the roles she accepts. The longevity of Tinsel has ensured that Sheila has been engraved in our subconscious. We saw some of it in The Arbitration and some more in Dinner and The Wedding Party. She’s due a journey far from where the last couple of years have transported her to.
Watch the trailer below: