BY ESE DIBEBI
The Audrey Silva Company-produced romantic comedy, Suru’Lere premieres today.
Directed by Mildred Okwo, Suru’Lere features Beverly Naya, Seun Ajayi, Kemi Lala Akindoju, Gregory Ojefua, Enyinna Nwigwe, Tope Tedela and Rita Dominic who puts in a cameo appearance.
We’ve given you 7 reasons why you should make this movie a must-see for you and your loved ones this Valentine season.
However, before you head out, here are a few details about the film no one is likely to tell you.
- Rita Dominic recommended Beverly Naya to the Director. When Okwo needed an actor to play the female lead, Omosigho, she didn’t have a particular candidate in mind. However, Rita Dominic’s recommendation added to how well she performed at the audition, ensured that Naya did not have any major competition for the role.
- Gregory Ojefua caught Mildred Okwo’s attention with his performance on M-Net TV series, Tinsel.
- The story was partly that of the writer, Richard Odilu and one of his friends. The character of the mean boss played by Ojefua was mirrored after the boss of his friend, by the writer.
- Suru’Lere was shot in 10 days because, according to the director, there was absolutely no funding for the project. She fell ill after the shoot.
- Kemi Lala Akindoju who played two roles – Beauty and Mama Landlady – in the film was ill during filming.