BY ESE DIBEBI
Her movie, The Meeting has picked up several awards since its release. She is not only one of the most respected women in Nollywood, she is also the talent manager of Kate Henshaw, Rita Dominic and Mike Ezuruonye, among others. Apart from that, she is also a member of the Nigerian Oscar Selection Committee, the body saddled with the responsibility of selecting deserving Nollywood entries for the Academy Awards.
Ladies and gentlemen, Mildred Okwo.
Okwo has shared some of her thoughts about successful filmmaking in Nigeria on her Twitter timeline this morning, and who else do we take seriously if not this CEO of The Audrey Silva Company?
Below are a few of her thoughts:
1. Don’t hang on to decisions too tight. Sometimes things don’t work and there is nothing you can do about it. Let it go freely.
2. If you see someone that talks too much and they are a film editor or sound recorder.. Run. Crew members get dem own personalities o.
3. If as a producer or director you know what you are doing, it will be hard for any Nigerian actor to mess up on your set
4. However don’t be disorganized, ill-prepared, permissive and unjustifiably abusive and then expect respect. Let truth be told.
5. My favorite— after you don sleep for actor room for night then you want the actor to come early to set and even answer you u dey craze.
6. After you insist an actor must sleep with you before they get roles, you want d same actor to hail you when they make it or win awards – Waka!