By Tomilola Coco Adeyemo
It is thirteen days to Valentine’s day and we know that means gifts, romantic dinner and probably a romantic drama/comedy for you and your partner.
While we might not be able to handle the gifts and the romantic dinner for you and bae, we think we know the perfect movie for you this February should you be interested.
Note: This movie can be seen by you and your girls too!
Here are eight reasons why you should see the movie Couple Of Days;
- It has many kissing scenes duh! In the trailer, Adesua and her leading man Okey Uzoeshi kiss so many times, we know we want this to be our ultimate valentine’s day movie with bae or the girls.
- Kiki Omeili went in hard on that Yoruba! As an Igbo girl in real life, Kiki Omeili could have chosen not to speak more than her language but in this trailer, we just like the way that Yoruba rolls off her tongue easily. Only her would make “kini gbogbo nonsense yi na?” sound like “I Love You”.
- It shows Ibadan like you have never seen it before. Ugh, got tired of those stereotypes as an Ibadan girl that the first movie that showed off the real beauty of my ancient city had to get a yes for valentine from me.
- We see Lilian Esoro in something since that big wedding! Even though she shot this before getting hitched to music boss Ubi Franklin, it is refreshing to know we’d be seeing Lilian on the big screen doing her thing!
- AMVCA nominee Adesua Etomi is in it! Adesua has shown us many times in the past that she’s not a small geh in this acting business and ees like she will be doing that again on the big screen when this movie hits the cinemas. Bring it on, Adesua!
- Falz the bahd guy is in it. Enough said.
- Film One is involved. After recording major box office successes last year, it is no surprise that we would rush to the cinemas this year to see what Film One has for us. And we might as well start with this.
- We haven’t seen a couples getaway since Emem Isong’s 2012 hit, the Weekend Getaway. And you know how interesting it gets when you have different couples in the same place for a short period. Always exciting!
See trailer of Couple Of Days below