Nollywood actor and director, Kunle Afolayan is a year older today.
The award winning filmmaker is no stranger to our screens as he has churned out a number of movies worthy of recognition, the most recent being his pan-African cast movie, The CEO.
As he celebrates his birthday today, here are 7 facts you should know about the actor.
1. He comes from a family of actors.
Kunle Afolayan is the first son of iconic theatre practitioner, Adeyemi Josiah Afolayan, popularly known as Adelove who influenced theatre in the 60s. His three siblings Gabriel, Aremu and Moji Afolayan are all actors too.
2. He studied Economics.
The actor studied economics and worked in a bank for a while before going into full time acting.
3. He’s an alumni of New York Film Academy.
He studied filmmaking at the New York Film Academy in 2005 after quitting his banking job. Another notable alumni of the school is actress and producer, Stephanie Okereke Linus.
4. His first major acting rodeo was in Tunde Kelani’s Saworoide in 1999.
The filmmaker has gone on to act in and produce several movies. His first self produced movie was Irapada (2006), followed by The Figurine: Araromire, Phone Swap, October 1 and The CEO. He has won several awards for his movies and is still getting nominations.
5. He runs two film/Tv production companies called Golden Effects pictures and Kunle Afolayan Productions (KAP).
6. He identifies as a freethinker.
7. He is married to Tolu Afolayan and they have three kids together.