BY HASSAN SANUSI
The collective earnings of the top 10 highest paid actresses (between June 1, 2015 and June 1, 2016), before fees and taxes, is reported to be $205 million.
Despite earning 11.5% less than her 2015 revenue of $52m, Jennifer Lawrence remains ‘Number 1’ for a second year running on the Forbes list, grossing $46 million pre-tax over the 12 months.
Ghostbusters actress Melissa McCarthy came second with an estimated earning of $33 million, while Avengers star Scarlett Johansson settled for third place with $25 million.
Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone is the new addition to this year’s list, she earned $10m claim 10th place.
Here are the top 10 world’s highest paid actresses of 2016:
1. Jennifer Lawrence, $46 million
2. Melissa McCarthy, $33 million
3. Scarlett Johansson, $25 million
4. Jennifer Aniston, $21 million
5. Fan Bingbing, $17 million
6. Charlize Theron, $16.5 milllion
7. Amy Adams, $13.5 million
8. Julia Roberts, $12 million
9. Mila Kunis, $11 million
10. Deepika Padukone, $10 million
Among the big names who failed to keep their place in the latest top 10 rich list include Angelina Jolie, who was seventh last year, Reese Witherspoon and The Dark Knight Rises star Anne Hathaway.
This post first appeared on NET.