BY ADEDIWURA OKELEYE
Following the death of Nollywood actor, Lateef Titilope aka Alfa Lati, the actor’s colleagues have decided to produce a movie he wrote in order to support his widow and children.
A foundation- Lateef Titilope Foundation has also been formed to provide further support for the late actor’s family.
All these plans were made after Lateef’s burial and announced in a press release made available by actor, Yomi Fabiyi on his Instagram page.
LATEEF TITILOPE PRESS RELEASE: Sad the industry has lost a talent and a custodian of the yoruba culture and language. At his burial yesterday, we unanimously agreed on the following:
1. That a script in his archive(OJA LAIYE) should be shot and proceeds given to his wife to set herself up and take care of the 3 children Lateef left behind
2. The Committee for the movie production shall consist of: Afeez Eniola, Toyosi Adesanya, Sadiq Adebayo, Sharafa Olabode
3. That voluntary donations can be sent to: ADESANYA TOYOSI ADENIKE, 2044864035, UBA.
4. That this funds is not BINDING on anyone, though colleagues, friends and fans who deem it humane can contribute and NO FIXED AMOUNT is set.
5. That the Lateef Titilope Foundation shall consist of the following members: i. Afonja Olaniyi(Sanyeri), ii. Bayo Tijani, iii. Toyosi Adesanya-Ileyemi, iv. Ronke Ojo-Anthony, v. Afeez Eniola, vi. Sarafa Olabode, vii. David Otemolu, viii. Damola Olatunji, ix. Muyiwa Ademola, x. Yomi Fabiyi
6. Production date is 29th June, 2016
7. Members of this project and Late Lateef Titilope’s family do sincerely appreciate every support in this regards.
Kind regards and God bless.
NB: The committee enjoins all collegues to pay attention to our health and create time for medical check up and excercise. We will not witness pre-mature death again by his grace.
For: Late Lateef Titilope Foundation Committee