Leila Djansi gave an interview where she compared Nollywood to “Hitler” and which has gotten her major reaction from Nollywood veteran Stella Damasus.
However, while most of you may not have ever heard of the Ghanaian producer before now, here are five major things to know about her.
- According to Wikipedia, Leila Djansi had other dreams before filmmaking came calling. She eventually wrote her first film at the age of 19 after being given the opportunity by Ghanaian Actor Sam Odoi.
- Leila’s 2011 film “Ties That Bind” is her most known movie around here and it stars Nollywood heavyweight, Omotola Jalade – Ekeinde.
- Leila has a blog where she is quite vocal about Nollywood, the Ghanaian movie industry and filmmaking in general in Africa – she once blogged about Iroko TV’s unfair deal with Netflix using Nollywood movies.
- In 2014, Leila took to her blog to express displeasure about movies she’s made in Ghana, saying making movies in Ghana has “brought me nothing but loss, enemies, haters”
- Leila has vowed to go the “Half Of The Yellow Sun” way when making other projects. According to her, Half Of The Yellow Sun way is the million dollar budget, bankable foreign lead cast and foreign HOD crew.
Half Of A Yellow Sun made $2million against its $8 million – $10 million budget.