BY ADEDIWURA OKELEYE
Delectable Nollywood actress, Rita Uchenna Nkem Dominic Waturuocha (Rita Dominic) was born on July 12, 1975 to the Royal Waturuocha family of Aboh Mbaise LGA in Imo State.
The youngest of four children, she started her acting career at a young age, starring in school plays and children’s TV shows.
She starred in her first movie, A Time to Kill in 1998 while she was an undergraduate of Theatre Arts in the University of PortHarcourt. She graduated a year later.
The actress has worked her way into the hearts of many Nigerians over the years and here are 5 reasons why:
- She is an epitome of stylishness. Every outfit, from casual to party to red carpet was a slaying hit, back to back!
- She knows her job. Rita has an impressive filmography of over 100 movies and has won several awards for her superb acting skills. She won the 2004 City Peoples Award for Outstanding Actress, Best Actress award at the 2012 Kalasha Film Festival and Television Awards Kenya for her role in Shattered, Best Actress In Supporting role award at the 2013 Best of Nollywood Awards for her role in Finding Mercy, Best Actress in a Lead Role at the 2014 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards for her role in Iyore.
- She is also a talented filmmaker. Her 2013 movie, The Meeting won her several awards like Nollywood Movies Awards Best Actress in lead role, Nigeria Entertainment Awards Best Actress in a Lead Role, 2013 Africa International Film Festival Special Jury Mention Award, 2013 ELOY AWARDS Female Producer of The Year, 2014 Nollywood Week Paris Film Festival Best Film, 2014 Best of Nollywood Awards Best Supporting Actress, 2014 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards New Era Award, 2015 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards Best Actress In A Comedy and 2015 AMVCA Best Comedy Movie.
- She could be quite playful and has a great sense of humour.
- The ageless beauty’s face beats? Goals!
I guess we have Oluchi Onuigbo and Mary Jane Ohobu to thank for this.
The Zaron cosmetics ambassador is definitely representing.
Happy birthday Rita Dominic!