BY ESE DIBEBI
The inauguration of the ministerial committee on the review of the Motion Pictures Council of Nigeria (MOPICON) draft document, by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, held yesterday, April 12 at the Conference Hall, National Theatre Lagos.
Previously scheduled to hold last Friday, April 8, 2016, the inauguration was postponed due to the emergency Federal Executive Council meeting summoned byPresident Muhammadu Buhari.
Peace Anyiam-Osigwe will coordinate the committee and she will be assisted by Mahmood Ali-Balogun.
Below is the full list of the MOPICON review committee members.
1. Coordinator – Peace Anyiam Osigwe
2. Deputy Coordinator – Mahmood Ali Balogun
3. Deputy Secretary – Anthony Anih
4. National Society of Cinematographers – Afam Chiazor
5. Editors Guild – Fidelis Eweta (President)
6. Creative Designers Guild – Biodun Abe
7. DGN – Fred Amata
8. Association of Movie Producers – Ralph Nwadike
9. Representative of Nigerian Film and Video Censors Board
10. Representative of the Nigerian Film Corporation (To serve as Secretary to Review Committee)
11. Representative of the Ministry of Information
12. Representative of Nigeria Copyright Commission
13. Association of Nollywood Core Producers (ANCOP) – Alex Eyengho
14. Technical – Kingsley Ogoro
15. MOPPAN – Dr. Sanni Muazu and Prof. Umar Farouk Jibril.
16. Movie Ambassadors of Nigeria – Saidi Balogun
17. Female Producers of Nigeria – Stephanie Okereke
18. President ITPAN – Osezua Stephen-Imobhio
19 NANTAP – Mr Obalana (President)
20. Actors – Kate Henshaw
21. ANTP Representative – Victor Olateju Ashaolu.
22. TAMPAN- Dele Odule
23. MEDIA – Victor Akande
24. Producers and Marketers Association of Nigeria (FVPMAN) – Norbert Aigebu
25 Emeka Aduaka
26. -Kenneth Gyang
27. Screen Writers Guild – Chidi Nwokobia
28 Electronic Media Content Owners Association of Nigeria (EMCOAN, President) – Debbie Odutayo