With the rate at which content is easily accessible online, Youtube will replace TV soon and media houses have taken advantage of the Youtube platform to project their programmes.
At NET, we have come up with a list of 5 must-watch Nigerian web series, something light to help you make the right decision when you want to ease off stress.
- Skinny Girl In Transit: You have to give it up for Ndani TV for this beautiful web series. SGIT focuses on the life a plus-sized Nigerian OAP who is battling with her weight. She found love after so many bad relationships, got entangled in a one-night stand that will come back to hunt her, had self-esteem issues as she was battling with her weight, but she later gained confidence. SGIT explores issues like the romance between married men and single ladies, the side-chick trend, body shaming, deceit, love and more. With characters like Bisola Ayeeola of Big Brother Naija, Sharon Ooja, Timini Egbuson, Abimbola Craig, the hilarious Ngozi Nwosu, Ini Dima Okojie, SGIT is a must watch!
- This Is It: This particular web series will make your tummy tight because the butterflies in your tummy will be restless. Lowladee brought her A game to this one as the web series is about the lives of a young and clueless couple and how they are able to make their marriage work despite the fact that they are young and from different countries. It also explores the Kenyan culture and the Nigerian culture as Lowladee went all the way to Kenya to bring one of Kenya’s sexiest, Nick Mutuma for her series. We also have characters like Chiagoziem Nwakanma, Bimbo Ademoye, Stan Nze, Nancy Isime and a host of others.
- Rumour Has It: When you are a gossip blogger responsible for crashing marriages with your heart-breaking exclusives and your own marriage is in the news for the wrong reason, you got served! That’s the case in ‘Rumour Has It’. The suspense in this series is top-notch. Uru Eke, Blossom Chukwujekwu, Toni Tones, Jemima Osunde and others put in their best to make this series worth our time.
- King Women: Because Kemi Adetiba is a rule her own kingdom, she worked with Accelerate TV to bring us this one. Kemi shares her growth story with viewers as she doesn’t fail to bring in other strong women to talk about how they survived in this tough world.
- Our Best Friend’s Wedding: You want to see Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi’s acting debut? Well, it’s on Our Best Friend’s Wedding. The series addresses the fact that the love you are looking for in Sokoto is right here in Lagos staring at you. Gbemi, Oreka Godis, Chris Attoh made this series a delight. You should watch it.
This post first appeared on NET.