BY ‘SEGUN ODEJIMI
As Greg Odutayo’s Beyond Blood gets set to hit the cinemas next month, here are a few fun things we learnt from watching the trailer to the movie which was recently released.
Beyond Blood is a production of Royal Roots Communications and it stars Kehinde Bankole, Joseph Benjamin, Wole Ojo, Deyemi Okanlawon, Caroline King, Shan George, Okey Uzoeshi and Marion Bott.
- That Ikoyi-Lekki bridge may collapse soon. Remember that Tupac hit, “All Eyes on Me?” Well, for that bridge, it is a case of “all cameras on me.” From MTVShuga 4 to Mo Abudu‘s upcoming Fifty every DOP seems to have developed an affinity for that edifice just as many of them have also just suddenly discovered that drone shots are the 958th wonder of the world.
- I need to seek therapy for my crush on Kehinde Bankole. ‘Nuff said on that.
- Joseph Benjamin is Joseph Benjamin is Joseph Benjamin. The man never changes. Not that I expect him to morph into Nicolas Cage anyway, but one keeps seeing the same Joseph Benjamin in all the movies he appears in. Even on MTN Project Fame West Africa which he co-hosts.
- Caroline King is actually good. Very good. She exudes that calmness and grace on the screen which subtly reminds one of Joke Silva. I wonder why she doesn’t appear in more movies.
- Greg Odutayo is a man of many talents. He is better known for his collection of TV soaps which span over a decade. Last year, he ventured into the murky waters of cable television with his hugely successful R2TV.
- Beyond Blood looks like something one should look forward to. With an array of talent that also includes Deyemi Okanlawon, Wole Ojo and Bimbo Manuel, December should be fun as the film hits the cinemas.
Follow the link to watch the trailer.